Minnesota Board of Accountancy

Regulation • Licensure • Enforcement • Public Service


Change of Address/Name

Address-Only Changes:

Individuals: Use one of the following three options:

Firms: Contact the Board by email or mail.


Name or Employer Changes:

Individuals: Contact the Board by email or mail.
Note: For name changes you must include a copy of your legal name change documentation, such as

Name changes cannot be made without legal documentation. You are required to provide the Board with your full legal name.


Firms: Firms must download and send in the applicable Firm Name Change Request Form.

An Obligation of Your Licensure:

Keeping the Board informed of your correct public/mailing address and name doesn't just help with your license renewal process, it is an obligation of your licensure.

Each licensee or registrant shall notify the board in writing within 30 days of any change of address and, in the case of individual licensees or registrants, change of employment.

MN Rules 1105.1100
(See also MN Rules 1105.4100 and 1105.7200.)

Questions or comments? Get in touch:

Reach us using the following information. We encourage you to follow us on social media or visit the website often to stay up to date on information relevant to your licensure.