Minnesota Board of Accountancy

Regulation • Licensure • Enforcement • Public Service


Exam Scores Transfer Request

How to Request That Your Minnesota License Information and/or CPA Exam Scores Be Sent to Another State

Step 1: Contact the Other State

Contact the state to which you want your information sent. They will have a form to use for this process.

Step 2: Send That State's Form, a Fee, and a Stamped, Addressed Envelope to the Board Office

Partially complete and sign that state's form, as per their instructions. Then send to the Minnesota Board office:

  • the form
  • a $20 check made payable to the Minnesota Board of Accountancy
  • an envelope that is addressed to where the form must be mailed and that includes sufficient postage

The above requirements and $20 administrative processing fee are stated in MN Rules 1105.0900.

Your properly submitted request will be promptly processed.

Are you seeking an initial license with Minnesota?

The information on this page is for those already licensed in Minnesota. If you are seeking a license in Minnesota and you did not sit for the CPA exam as a Minnesota candidate, the instructions you need regarding CPA exam scores and licensure transfer can be found on the application form:

Initial Application
(by NON-Minnesota Exam Candidate)

(Those who sat for the CPA exam as a Minnesota candidate have their scores automatically transferred to the Board by NASBA.)

Questions or comments? Get in touch:

Reach us using the following information. We encourage you to follow us on social media or visit the website often to stay up to date on information relevant to your licensure.