Minnesota Board of Accountancy

Regulation • Licensure • Enforcement • Public Service


Applications and Forms

Fillable PDF Forms

For CPAs entering continuing professional education hours, updating their address (but not their name or employer), or renewing their Active or Inactive status (during the renewal window each fall), use our convenient Online Services.

For other needs, download and use the fillable PDF forms below.

NOTE: When submitting a paper form, payment must be by check (no cash, credit card, or bill pay). Renewals received without payment ENCLOSED will be returned.

Renewal Forms

Initial Applications for MN Licenses

Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Reporting

For the current CPE/renewal year: Use Online Services or (when renewals open each fall) the current year's paper renewal form.

For prior CPE/renewal years: Use the renewal form for that year (for example, to report CPE for July 1, 2015-June 30, 2016, use the 2017 Renewal Form). CPE for prior periods cannot be reported through Online Services. You will owe CPE fees and a late renewal fee. Consult the renewal form and also the CPE Fee Chart to calculate.


CPE Reporting Form for Status Change to Active

NOTE: Used only during renewal. If changing Inactive status mid year or if changing from Exempt to Active, use Status Change to Active Request Form.


Request for Change

Status Change to Active Request Form

(Note: If inactive seeking active status, do not use this form during renewal window; instead use current year's renewal form to request status change.)

Address Change Form

CPA Firm Name Change Request Form

CPA Sole Proprietor Firm Name Change Request Form

RAP Firm Name Change Request Form

Other Forms

Complaint Form (for filing a complaint with the Board about a CPA, RAP, or Firm)

Petition for Waiver from Board of Accountancy Rules

Reinstatement Application

Questions or comments? Get in touch:

Reach us using the following information. We encourage you to follow us on social media or visit the website often to stay up to date on information relevant to your licensure.